An action is needed to initiate a remote command from the Cloud.
Here is an XML code to switch a fan on and off, which we will take as example to create a new action.
- Log into the Dashboard. Go to Config/Provisioning → Sensor Templates → Site Templates and click on edit next to the location you wish to edit.
- Activate the SuperUser Mode and expand the Actions row
- Now click the + next to Actions and click on the new create action.
- Firstly we need to add the device where the fan is connected to. This is the device_id. In our example it is connected to the X20BC0087 module.
- Secondy we need to give the action an action_id. This is the unique name for the action. in our example it is called fan_output.
- Lastly we need to define wich coil will be called with the command_id. In our example the coil 8 will be switched on (1) or off (0).
- You will need to use the "+ commands" function to add the specific rows.
- Next switch back to normal user.