Setting up the delivery of SONARPLEX events as northbound SNMP Traps for integration into 3rd party software like alert consoles or other monitoring tools.
The instructions are based on the following example setup. Only events of type NOTIFICATION and no SOFT state events should be sent.
This is the device that should send events northbound to the Trap Receiver.
Primary SNMP Trap Receiver
|SNMP UDP Port|
Secondary Trap Receiver
The backup receiver.
|SNMP UDP Port|
Enable the SNMP trap delivery on the Sender.
- Open the in the administrative Web Interface (http://172.16.10.254:81) and choose Configuration :: Status Delivery Configuration for Distributed Monitoring
- Configure the settings like shown below.
|Deliver following events as Traps|
Suppress SOFT state alerts
|Trap Destinations(s)||172.16.10.254:161, 192.168.100.254:8000|
|Trap Community String||How-ToSNMPTraps|
Test the delivery
Open the user web interface (http://172.16.0.100) and choose Monitoring :: Services and choose any service
- Choose Send custom service notification (notifications are disabled for the service if this link is not visible)
- Fill the form with some example comment and send the custom test notification by clicking Commit
- A trap is now sent and should be seen in the trap receiver software
Get the Azeti TRAP MIB
Ideally import the AZETI-TRAP-MIB into the receiving software if you require OID translation.
The MIB file can be downloaded in the administrative web interface of the sending SONARPLEX device, choose System :: MIBs and click on AZETI-TRAP-MIB.txt to download it.
Check the following list for troubleshooting possible delivery problems.
- correct ip address, port and SNMP community string for destination
- trap receiver is reachable via SNMP from the SONARPLEX, no blocking firewalls in between
- set debug level to DEBUG and check the logfile Global Event Handler [global-event-handler.log], see Admin GUI :: Status :: Logs for errors